How can we improve teacher-happiness and a love of learning in our young people?
Our 96th podcast is with Shafina Iqbal, an A-level psychology teacher and Lego Education lead practitioner and part-time PhD student at Imperial College.
In this podcast, listen to Shafina and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Becoming a teacher to give children a better learning experience than she did
- Education in the U.K. versus the Middle East
- Why Shafina started using Lego in her classroom and the 5 Minute Lego plan!
- Balancing teaching and PhD during the lockdown
- The importance of finding a department that aligns with your research
- Being a researcher and a classroom practitioner
- The over-emphasis on retrieval practice
- The day-to-day challenges of being a teacher during COVID and,
- Plagiarism and citation and referencing in the social media era.
Listen to the podcast (28 minutes)
Remember, you can listen to our podcast on iTunes!
Shafina is passionate about LEGO in education! Follow her research on Twitter.