How can teachers improve the way they help English students?
Our 91st interview is with Dr Min Du, a EdD graduate of the University of Cambridge, a freelance researcher and teacher in the U.K. for 15 years.
In this podcast, listen to Min and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Growing up in the Chinese education system and teaching in China
- Dr Min’s transition into the UK education system
- Foreign nationals learning English online
- Choosing a doctorate subject
- Developing a social-cultural competence course through design-based research
- What the stress of exams does to student’s mental health
- Dr Min’s favourite aspects of research
- Putting together a curriculum for an international school in London.
Listen to the podcast (30 minutes)
Remember, you can listen to our podcast on iTunes!
The aim of Min’s research was to design and develop an online virtual English Enrichment Course to develop Chinese English learners’ communicative competence.