Originally founded in 2008, a simple Twitter account started by Ross Morrison McGill, soon moved towards a team approach as the demand for teaching ideas and resources grew exponentially across the world. We have deliberately started the transparent process of sharing our mission and aims with all of our readers here on this site.
Our Mission Statement:
1. To give teachers a professional platform from which to be heard
2. To make the complicated simple, providing teachers with access to resources that are meaningful for any classroom
3. To provide teachers across the world, the encouragement and support they need to survive, thrive and flourish in a challenging profession
4. To promote the community by challenging policy, guidance and publications
5. To develop a forum for parents and students – written by teachers – to guide you through school life.
Our Company Aims:
1. We will continue to give content as a grassroots community of educators, where teachers can have their voices heard, share their challenges and find solutions
2. We will make ‘ready to use resources’ for busy teachers to support their professional lives and complicated, working environments
3. We will provide an incentive for all teachers who regularly blog their content on this site
4. We will promote edtech start-ups, offering them support and the chance to publish their work with us; to collaborate on ideas that shape the classroom
5. We will develop our aims and endeavour to keep standards high; to keep our integrity, publishing resources we believe in, content that is up to date and inclusive, and although we receive income from advertising, we will never promote a company’s product where there is a conflict of interest or a product that we do not believe in.