Blogging since 2000 and teaching since 1992, Ross created this website in 2007 to share his thoughts and classroom resources. One reply from a teacher on the other side of the world soon equated to hundreds each day, and after 15 years of regularly blogging on TeacherToolkit.co.uk, the demand for his teaching and learning ideas have spread rapidly across the world. Today, Ross's website has reached over 14.5 million people in 190 countries around the world!
Ross empowers all teachers to reduce their workload, become research-informed and develop to be more effective in the classroom. He is also an advocate for teacher mental health. With over 2,500 blog posts and podcasts on the site (roughly 3 each week), plus hundreds of classroom resources, there is no aspect of school life untouched...
Ross's goal is simple. To make complex, classroom theory as practical and as accessible as possible for time-poor teachers.
- To give teachers a professional platform from which to be heard
- To support the teaching community by sharing ideas, research; to challenge policy, guidance and publications
- To provide teachers across the world with solutions to support their professional lives and working environments
- To offer support to others and the chance to publish their work with us, publishing resources we believe in, content that is up to date and inclusive.
- Although we receive some income from advertising, we will never promote a company’s product that we do not believe will make a difference to teaching and learning. This income, which represents less than 5 per cent of all content on this site, ensures 95 per cent of our website remains free CPD for teachers.