A teacher since 1993, Ross created this website in 2007 which was largely hidden away from the world until he switched to a Twitter account in 2010, sharing blog posts and classroom resources. Soon, the demand for his teaching and learning ideas spread rapidly across social media, reaching over 14 million people in 190 countries around the world.
Ross empowers all teachers to reduce their workload and become more effective in their classroom. With over 2,500 blog posts on the site, there is no aspect of school life untouched...
Ross's goal is simple. To make complex, classroom theory as practical and as accessible as possible for time-poor teachers.
- To give teachers a professional platform from which to be heard
- To support the teaching community by sharing ideas, research; to challenge policy, guidance and publications
- To provide teachers across the world with solutions to support their professional lives and working environments
- To offer support to others and the chance to publish their work with us, publishing resources we believe in, content that is up to date and inclusive.
- Although we receive some income from advertising, we will never promote a company’s product that we do not believe will make a difference to teaching and learning. This income, which represents less than 5 per cent of all content on this site, ensures 95 per cent of our website remains free CPD for teachers.