How can teachers have a positive impact on the literacy of everyone?
Our 92nd interview is with Martin McKay, founder of Texthelp, an edtech organisation which helps people with communication difficulties.
In this podcast, listen to Martin and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Martin’s childhood growing up in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and his education
- How Martin taught himself to code and why he switched from biology to education technology
- What influenced Texthelp and why focus on dyslexia?
- How Texthelp products can help pupils, and how the software works and supports pupils?
- How dual-coding improves comprehension?
- Why schools should invest in literacy-improvement tools?
- How WriQ can help support students progress; a tool with 10 million daily users, and
- Martin’s message for teachers working during the pandemic.
Listen to the podcast (29 minutes)
Remember, you can listen to our podcast on iTunes!
Martin has spent work life developing education technology. He wants to use his influence and expertise to have a positive impact on one hundred million people! We think Martin and Texthelp are well on their way…