How can teachers use free, online tools, to reduce workload and improve pupils retention?
Our 78th podcast is with Dr Flavia Belham, a former science teacher from Brazil and chief scientist at Seneca Learning in London; an online platform used by 2.5 million people in the U.K.
In this podcast, listen to Flavia and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Flavia’s educational background and how she ended up working with monkeys
- Life as a teacher, working in a state school in Brasilia and running a night class for over 40’s
- Flavia’s PhD research: How well people of differing ages remember positive and negative information
- How emotion and memory interact in young and older adults
- A typical week at Seneca Learning; homework and revision tools
- The types of insights Seneca has discovered about its millions of users
- Tools that help teachers mark homework more effectively
- Projects that Seneca is working on, outside of the U.K.
Listen to the podcast (22 minutes)
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!