Why do teachers not yet represent the demographic population of Britain?
Our 44th interview on the Teacher Toolkit podcast is with Darren Chetty, teacher, writer, and PhD student at UCL. Darren and Ross McGill meet for coffee and discuss diversity and education near London Bridge …
In this 15-minute episode, you can listen to Darren discuss:
- delve into what the Philosophy for Children movement is and why it’s Darren’s PhD focus
- reflect on Darren’s schooling experiences as he moved around the country
- reinforce the importance of listening to children and understanding their experiences
- describe the traits Darren believes effective teachers show
- discuss how research has the power to silence teacher’s experiences
- explains what Hip Hop Ed is all about.
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!