What are your views on the key education provocations?
Our 22nd guest is Tom Rogers and Darren and Naomi. Ross Morrison McGill has 10 education provocations and he’s keen to put them to teachers and hear their responses.
In this episode, you can hear Ross ask Tom, Darren and Naomi questions on controversial topics in the education landscape, and discuss:
- If schools should be judged on much broader sets of outcomes
- Whether voices of family, parents and students should be central to the process of creating education policy
- Why students who don’t want to attend university shouldn’t be viewed as inadequate
- What the alternatives are to high-stakes testing
- The dangers of teaching only equipping kids with the ability to remember snippets of knowledge for an exam
- How Ross finds the time to write all his blogs and what drives him