Do you want to give your year-6 pupils a send-off to remember?
15 ideas you can include in your year 6 leavers plans to help create amazing memories.
Ideas to try
- Create a song and video starring the staff!
- Upload photos into a photobook for a keepsake.
- Place photos into iMovie for a modern twist on the photobook idea!
- Purchase notepads for pupils to collect staff messages.
- Write a class poem including all pupils’ names.
- Arrange a surprise ‘flash mob’ for the last assembly.
- Create a ‘Year Book’ with achievements.
- Side by side, display their first-ever class and most recent class photos.
- Host an awards ceremony which celebrates achievements
- Plant a tree for the cohort with a ‘Class of ____’ plaque.
- Organise a group of year 6 pupils to host the final assembly of the year.
- Host a party with a photobooth, treats and music.
- Create Thank you’ cards for pupils and their parents to take home.
- Provide pupils with ‘10 Top Tips for your future…’ with nuggets of advice
- As the pupils leave school on the last day, create a parade of staff or peers to clap them as they leave.
Each year, ask teachers across the school to save 10 photos centrally, so that these can eventually be used for special school memories …
Making special arrangements will show your pupils how much their time at the school has been valued.