How can social media data inform future education decisions?
Our 126th interview is with Dr Wasim Ahmed, a senior lecturer in digital business at the University of Stirling in Scotland, specialising in social media analytics.
Listen to the podcast (33 minutes)
In this podcast, listen to Dr Ahmed and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Dr Ahmed’s education path through health informatics, sports and business
- The meaning of social network analysis and its online application
- Dr Ahmed’s paper ‘Twitter & Teaching: To Tweet or not to Tweet?’ and the discussions around it
- The benefits of teachers sharing their professional opinions online
- The power of social media network analysis for schools, teachers, and students
- Empowering online communities with the ability to remove misinformation and disinformation
- Plus, top tips for managing your PhD and learning new vocabulary.
Watch the conversation