How does a concrete-pictorial-abstract approach help pupils to learn maths?
Our 122nd interview is with, Louise Pennington, former teacher, and the current professional development lead for primary and secondary at Oxford University Press.
Listen to the podcast (34 minutes)
In this podcast, listen to Louise and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Louise’s education history and evolution into teaching
- What Numicon is and how Louise came to be a Numicon trainer
- Favourite aspects of working in schools across the country
- Numicon’s research origins and its usage with special needs students
- Tips on how to start using Numicon
- Numicon’s positive effect on teacher’s workload
- OUP’s charitable mission and how it benefits teachers
- The importance of business skills for school leaders and,
- The positives of pandemic working and what will remain…
Numicon is really flexible; the pedagogy doesn’t change, which is perfect for curriculum delivery.