Why should teachers listen to pupils opinions about learning?
Our 106th interview is with Stephanie Hill, associate assistant principal at Passmores Academy in Essex. Stephanie is also a 3rd-year EdD student at Cambridge University.
In this podcast, listen to Stephanie and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Her memories of schooling in Australia
- All subjects being valued equally
- EBacc adoption during COVID
- Managing time as a school leader and researcher
- How research can make a practical difference in teaching
- Student leadership in professional learning
- Student agency school models and student leadership teams
- Workload challenges during COVID and,
- Skills students have had to develop as a result of remote schooling.
Listen to the podcast (30 minutes)
Remember, the podcast is available on iTunes!
Research models can help engage students and teachers in learning alongside each other; this can only be a good thing if we want to improve teaching and learning.