How can schools encourage teachers to speak up about mental health, workload and wellbeing?
Our 101st interview is with Kat Howard, an assistant principal at The Duston School in Northampton, England.
In this podcast, listen to Kat and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Discuss Kat’s book ‘Stop Talking about Wellbeing’
- Workload case studies and reduction techniques
- Response to COVID-19 in a workload context
- Kat’s previous career in recruitment and retention in a high street bank
- The importance of operational expertise in schools
- Why Kat loves being a school leader
- The benefits to teachers in being part of an all-through school
- Kat and Claire Hill’s handbook for creating a curriculum Symbiosis: ‘The Curriculum and the Classroom’
- and the hallmarks of a good curriculum.
Listen to the podcast (25 minutes)
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!