How can teachers allocate more time to their hopes and dreams, rather than their urgent and important work-tasks?
Our 74th interview is with Katsiaryna Skryhan, a biology teacher in Minsk, founder of a Belorussian biology teacher community and member of Edcamp Belarus.
In this podcast, listen to Katsiaryna and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Discover Katsiaryna’s educational background
- What a typical day looks like for Katsiaryna
- Her top tips for teachers and researchers
- What is Edcamp Belarus and how it has spread across the country
- The fragile topic of mental health and diversity
- Why Katsiaryna wants to see more autonomy from the Belorussian government
- What Katsiaryna has discovered about growth mindset and,
- What Katsiaryna’s hopes to be her legacy.
Listen to the podcast (30 minutes)
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!
At the end of the podcast, you will hear Katsiaryna offer a Belarussian quote by Uladzimir Karatkievich to listeners. It translates as: “Do the unexpected, do as if it does not exist, do as no one does, and then you will win…”