What are the challenges headteachers face working in rural communities?
Our 68th interview is with Ben Solly, Principal at Uppingham Community College in Rutland, the smallest county in the UK.
In this podcast, listen to Ben and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Ben’s time in school and how carried through to his teaching career
- What prepared Ben for his headship and challenging his imposter syndrome
- The skill gaps most new headteachers have
- The challenge of poor funding for schools, including teaching and learning practice
- His school efforts to reduce workload and access research
- Hear why his school’s teaching and learning communities improved results
- What change in education Ben would like to see at a national level
- Advice for people considering headships and,
- Hear what big school project Ben is working on?
Listen to the podcast (32 minutes)
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!