Why do teachers need to be evidence-informed?
Our 12th guest is Dame Alison Peacock, CEO of the Chartered College of Teachers. We catch up with Alison at her offices in London as part of our 100 Women series.
In this episode, you can hear Alison and podcast host, Holly Gardner:
- explain who The Chartered College feels should have a higher status in society
- reveal how an event in 2012 lead to Alison becoming CEO of the Chartered College
- discuss who Alison tells stories about when she speaks at conferences
- remind listeners why wonderful teachers are needed
- reflect on why ‘improving things at scale’ is important
- debate why access to research is important for teachers
- discuss which problem is facing the profession that they aren’t allowed to call a crisis
- explore Alison’s biggest career achievement in turning around a school
- explain how 100 years, 100 women links to a wider conversation in today’s world.
You can find out more about the Chartered College of Teachers via their website or follow it on Twitter. You can also follow Alison directly on Twitter. You can also watch the TED Talk discussed in the podcast.