What are the most influential blogs on education in the UK?
There are 1,000s of education bloggers in the UK; you can preview a great one-stop-shop list here. For the 5th year in a row, TeacherToolkit.co.uk has been awarded the number 1 education spot in the UK by Vuelio.
However, regardless of who is nominated, it’s a shame Vuelio do NOT believe education is worthy of a place at the awards ceremony in November 2017. For the second year in a row, they will not be celebrating the education sector as a blogging community.
- Teacher Toolkit (ranked 1st in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017)
- Learning Spy (ranked 7th in 2016)
- TeacherHead – formerly HeadGuruTeacher (ranked 8th in 2016)
- Resourceaholic (ranked 2nd in 2016)
- Scenes From The Battleground (ranked 5th in 2016)
- Leading Learner (new entry for 2017)
- Class Teaching (new entry for 2017)
- Mr. P’s ICT Blog (ranked 4th in 2016)
- Learning with ‘e’s (ranked 6th in 2016)
- English Teaching Resources (new entry 2017)
You can access the list here.
I’ve been in and out of love with Vuelio blog rankings over the past 5 years – they use the same updated webpage. Vuelio say they use a proprietary algorithm to rank all the media in their database. Their methodology takes into consideration a number of factors including social sharing, topic-related content, post frequency, social media influence, traffic, design and interactivity. (Source)
If you’re interested in starting to write a blog, you can read my 10 Tips for Blogging Teachers.