Have any of these fashion nightmares happened to you?
There are so many wardrobe mishaps and malfunctions that can go wrong in the area of work fashion over the course of a school year!
15 Fashion Faux Pas
1. You get dressed in the dark and realise at about 11.30 am, that you’ve been wearing your top inside out.
2. It’s got to the point in the term when if you cannot locate a matching pair of socks at home, odd ones will do.
3. Ever managed odd shoes? I’ve seen it happen!
4. You have drawn on your face and don’t realise until you look in the toilet mirror at 3.30.
5. No one mentioned you have something stuck in your teeth, but you’ve spoken to 50 people today.
6. Your husband/wife sends a package to school for you and you open it in the staffroom, only to realise that the item is not for public viewing (one from my archives – he maintains that it was a mistake…).
7. You try something a little different to be met with a chorus of, ‘what on earth are you wearing sir?’ Brutal.
8. You missed the memo and you’re the only one who is not in jeans.
9. People compliment you on your hair, only to discover that the one thing you did differently was to wash it.
10. Like a rebel, you got a tattoo without consulting the school dress code and you don’t care about the consequences.
11. Someone has ‘a word’ with you because you dared to wear leggings.
12. Your school dress code is quite liberal, but even you are questioning your colleague’s length of skirt.
13. It’s 35 degrees outside and the ladies can wear skirts and sleeveless tops but you are stuck in trousers and a shirt. You may have been allowed to remove your tie…
14. Your colleagues know when you’re coming as the noise your shoes make gives you away (they can’t hide forever).
15. You bend down and hear the dreaded noise of a huge rip in your trousers. The lesson is now a write-off as everyone is laughing so much.
Of course, the best thing to do in most of these circumstances is simply to ‘laugh it off’!
Have you had any fashion school disasters? Add them in the comments!