How can you improve school standards by ‘going slow’, and during a pandemic?
Our 99th interview is with Patrick Ottley-O’Connor, a head teacher in the North of England for 17 years and a practising teacher for 37!
In this podcast, listen to Patrick and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Patrick’s route into teaching, starting in the 1980s
- When the ‘headship conversation’ was first raised for him
- The types of headships
- Working with new teams as an incoming head teacher
- Government support and teacher isolation during COVID-19
- Patrick’s views stance on recovery curriculum and when to address the knowledge gaps and,
- Pupils’ general attitude and behaviour during the pandemic.
Listen to the podcast (29 minutes)
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!
You can follow and connect with Patrick on Twitter; learn from some of his wisdom.