Is the reality of working in schools reported correctly by the media?
Our 85th podcast interview is with Fiona Millar, educational journalist, a school governor and author of ‘The Best For My Child’.
In this podcast, listen to Fiona and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- The memories of her education as a child and the 11+ exam
- Life into university and her early career pursuing journalism
- How education became Fiona’s focus as a parent and journalist
- The marketisation of schools and academisation and the politics involved
- The pressure on a parent to choose the ‘best’ school
- Accountability in education in the system and solutions for parents
- Insights from school governance and her ideas to reduce workload and stress for teachers and,
- Fiona’s top tips for being a school governor and the print media and fake news.
- You can follow Fiona on Twitter and discover more about her books and articles.
Listen to the podcast (28 minutes)
Fiona is a British journalist and campaigner on education and parenting issues. She is a former adviser to Cherie Blair.