Is the reality of working in schools reported correctly by the media?
Our 85th podcast interview is with Fiona Millar, educational journalist, a school governor and author of ‘The Best For My Child’.
In this podcast, listen to Fiona and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- The memories of her education as a child and the 11+ exam
- Life into university and her early career pursuing journalism
- How education became Fiona’s focus as a parent and journalist
- The marketisation of schools and academisation and the politics involved
- The pressure on a parent to choose the ‘best’ school
- Accountability in education in the system and solutions for parents
- Insights from school governance and her ideas to reduce workload and stress for teachers and,
- Fiona’s top tips for being a school governor and the print media and fake news.
- You can follow Fiona on Twitter and discover more about her books and articles.
Listen to the podcast (28 minutes)
Remember, you can listen to our podcast on iTunes!
Fiona is a British journalist and campaigner on education and parenting issues. She is a former adviser to Cherie Blair.