How can we design a world-class education system?
Our 54th interview is with Professor Andy Hargreaves. Over the years, Andy has taught in multiple countries in the northern hemisphere, both as a teacher and as a professor of education. His career spans 50 years and has been inspired by research. As a result, Andy has over 30 books to his name!
In this in-depth podcast, listen to Andy and Teacher Toolkit Founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Reflections on his working-class upbringing and how his early education influenced his life
- Highlight how child carers show leadership skills and should be celebrated and supported
- Look back on some of Andy’s early teaching experiences and why went back to university
- Give some research-based tips for people that want to become a teacher
- Why we should be careful of effect-sizes
- Explore some of the reasons that teacher attrition is so high in countries such as England
- Touch on the change in attitude towards research in education
- Hear Andy explain why he and Michael Fullan wrote their book ‘Professional Capital’
- Describe the change Andy would like to see in education in England
- Explore where Andy gets inspiration from.
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!
You can follow Andy on Twitter or on Linkedin and discover more about his huge collection of books on Amazon! If you are interested in his academic papers, follow his research profile on ResearchGate.
You can find out much more on Andy’s website: www.andyhargreaves.com