How can we make better decisions and think more strategically?
This is a 5-page PDF file (download in the footer) to help school leaders make strategic decisions – based upon some of the ideas from The Decision Book by Mikael Krogerus andRoman Tschäppeler.
Working more effectively
Over the years since I have been writing and researching about education, I have challenged myself as well as others to become more immersed in research – to widen my own perceptions and practice. In schools who prioritise whole-school teaching and learning, teacher-pedagogical conversations are at the heart of everything the school is doing.
These five ideas may help with your leadership choices to help make these things happen more effectively. I have narrated each idea to help …
You can read more about the following ideas in the blogs below:
- The Cognitive Dissonance Model – experiencing difficult decisions
- The Feedback Box – offering suggestions, not criticisms
- The Consequences Model – making decisions
- The Team Model Evaluation – evaluating your team members
- The Flow Model – understanding ‘how pupils become lost in learning’.
- The Eisenhower Matrix – delegating tasks on your to-do list; see one example of how I used this as a deputy headteacher and more in the series.
Download the PDF document and give each idea a try.