What do effective teachers do and what are the benefits of pupils attending grammar schools?
These are just two of the questions posed in our 49th podcast interview with Dr. Sam Sims who is a quantitive education researcher working at the Institute of Education which is part of UCL University.
In this 22-minute podcast, listen to Sam and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- explore why Sam spends his working days crunching data
- give research-based top tips to policy makes
- explain why Sam doesn’t want more grammar schools in the UK
- discuss the topics covered in Sam and Professor Becky Allen’s book, ‘The Teacher Gap‘
- what effective teachers do and what does the research suggest
- reflect on the vast differences in working conditions across schools.
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!