What would you miss about education if you stepped out of teaching, and can teachers hold themselves to account?
Our 48th podcast interview is with Richard Gerver who worked in education as a primary school teacher and a head teacher for 16 years. Ten years on from headship, Richard now travels the world, writing books and speaking on leadership, school improvement and developments in education …
In this 23-minute podcast, listen to Richard and Teacher Toolkit founder Ross McGill:
- Reflect on how he fell in love with teaching and how he met his wife
- Urge people not to be put off on becoming a teacher by what they hear on social media
- Discuss why courage is a vital quality on being a head teacher
- Explore what special bonds teachers make with each other
- Define the ‘assumption of excellence’ environment
- Why he wishes that teachers had more opportunities to visit and learn from other schools
- Explain why self-leadership is so necessary for schools.
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!