Is a results-based education system a good idea?
In this episode, you can hear Alice and Teacher Toolkit editor, Holly Gardner:
- Talk about the inspiration behind Alice’s decision to become a teacher
- Explain the personal challenges Alice faces balancing her teaching and leadership role
- Discuss the differing level of engagement of boys and girls in science lessons
- Explore the effects of a results-based education system
- Reveal Alice’s favourite class experiment
- Look back on the personal achievements Alice is most proud of.
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!
In a follow-up conversation, we asked Alice: What piece of advice would you give to a teacher taking on a new leadership role?
“My piece of advice would be to try to focus on the bigger picture; to not get caught up in the smaller issues. Your department will always have complaints and its easy to get taken over by them when it isn’t necessary. It’s hard but so important to maintain positivity.”