Why don’t we allow pupils to lead their own education?
Our 27th guest on the Teacher Toolkit podcast is Professor Stephen Heppell. Stephen is a former teacher and currently holds a chair at Camilo José Cela University in Madrid for learning innovation.
In this episode, you can hear Stephen and Teacher Toolkit editor, Holly Gardner:
- discuss what it’s like to talk on the main stage at the BETT show
- talk about how forgettable education ministers are
- reminisce about how Stephen came to set up an education degree
- explain why he wants to see children engaged and consulted more in education
- discuss Stephen’s child-focused approach to teachers reducing their workload.
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!