Why creativity is important in schools?Our 7th guest is Nick Corston, co-founder and CEO of the social enterprise STEAMco. We catch up with Nick at a pub near the Sherlock Holmes museum in London, England.
In this episode, you can hear Nick and podcast host, Ross Morrison McGill:
- explain how his son’s primary school influenced Nick’s decision to set up STEAMco
- remember an early incident at primary school that would surprise teachers now
- share what Nick feels are the qualities of a great teacher
- challenge Ross on his use of educational jargon
- discuss a question that Nick doesn’t feel he can properly answer
- consider homework from a parents’ point of view
- reveal an event that Nick feels will be a “milestone for creativity in the UK” in 2018
- suggest a well-known marketing guru we should feature on the podcast.