How prolific is your school’s design and technology department?
Our 130th interview is with, Stephen Sadler, a DT teacher, passionate about technology and robotics and the winner of Digital Innovator of the Year at the 2019 Teaching Awards.
Listen to the podcast (33 minutes)
In this podcast, listen to Stephen and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Stephen’s upbringing and early views on teaching as a backup career
- The lack of diversity at university
- The lead up to winning the gold award for Digital Innovator of the Year
- The impact Stephen’s robotics clubs have had on students
- Methods and resources to keep up to date with software and best practice
- Encouraging girls to get involved with STEM and robotics, plus
- Why design and technology is overlooked as a subject and requires more support…