How do system leaders nurture the next generation of school leaders?
Our 109th interview is with, Paul Ainsworth, former Headteacher and current School Improvement Director at Infinity academy’s Trust in Boston, Lincolnshire.
In this podcast, listen to Paul and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Paul’s younger self and his desire to go to university
- One day’s work experience in a school lighting the teaching fire
- Following leadership pathways and how Paul supports headteachers
- Headteacher highs, and particularly the low points
- Paul self-publishing his new book ‘No Silver Bullets, Day in Day out School Improvement’
- Managing Mental Health and maintaining barriers
- What Paul wants to see changed in education
- How school leaders can support their staff during the pandemic
- Crowd-sourcing supportive suggestions from teachers and,
- Kindness and relationships being the key to a thriving school community.
Listen to the podcast (36 minutes)
Remember, the podcast is available on iTunes!
There is a danger with homeschooling for teachers to be permanently on-call, providing constant feedback. Instead, we should clarify when teachers will and will not respond.