How do television presenters use memory to remember broadcast scripts?
Our 95th interview is with Luxmy Gopal, a BBC news reporter and video journalist who has been reporting on COVID from various school locations across Northern England.
In this podcast, listen to Luxmy and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- What a typical day is like for Luxmy on BBC’s ‘Look North’ programme.
- Luxmy’s life as a student and how one can progress as a reporter
- The characteristics of a good teacher
- Luxmy’s path into journalism and industry role types
- Tips for remembering and presenting
- Reporting on COVID at school locations
- Looking after your mental health
- How to avoid being tripped up by fake news
- Memorable mistakes on television and
- The most ‘starstruck moment’ in Luxmy’s career
- You can watch Luxmy in action on this showreel and find out more about her work on her website.
Listen to the podcast (28 minutes)
Remember, you can listen to our podcast on iTunes!
Luxmy has spent her career carrying out investigations, interviews, and has reported live on big breaking stories for BBC…