How are our young people coping with lockdown and what are their views on the issues we see across the world today?
Our 87th interview is with Lucia and Will, from Wolgarston High School in the West Midlands. Lucia and Will are head girl and head boy studying for their A-levels at sixth form.
In this podcast, listen to Lucia and Will and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Their initial reactions to lockdown
- Exam uncertainty and media speculation
- How they have developed a routine building around lockdown
- How the pandemic has affected their friends and community
- America’s reaction to George Floyd’s murder
- Social media as a credible news source
- Managing the expectations of social media as young person
- School support during this period and,
- Race and education reforms Lucia and Will would like adults to make.
Listen to the podcast (33 minutes)
Remember, you can listen to podcast on iTunes!
Wolgarston High School is a mixed, 13-19 year secondary school in England. Thanks to headteacher, Jo Fairclough, for making this happen…
Special thanks to Lucia and Will for their time and views. Wishing you all the best in your education pathway in the future, Ross.