Why are some people so scared of learning or doing maths?
Our 64th interview is with Bobby Seagull, a maths teacher, doctoral student, author and University Challenge contestant.
In this podcast, listen to Bobby and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Where the surname ‘Seagull’ comes from
- Bobby’s education story
- How a financial trader becomes a teacher
- What it’s like to take part in University Challenge
- Work-life balance and workload tips for maths teachers
- The Life-Changing Magic of Numbers and why you should read it
- Listen carefully to find out how you can win a copy of Bobby’s book
- How Bobby approached starting his doctoral research
- What’s he doing in the classroom
- How Bobby works as a teacher and media influencer
- How we can shape people’s perceptions of maths
- Finally, we discover what job Bobby would have started if he didn’t become a teacher.
Listen to the podcast (21 minutes)
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!
Image credit: West Ham United and BT