How do primary schools close the poverty and attainment gap, and what happens at secondary school that unpicks all this hard work?
Our 61st interview is with Timo Hannay, data scientist and founder of the Education Analytics firm SchoolDash.
In this podcast, listen to Timo and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- What a typical week consists of for Timo
- Timo’s education and the importance of fun in the classroom
- Explore Timo’s nerve cell PhD research at Oxford University
- Reflect on how Timo’s transition from scientist to education data scientist
- Examine the relationship between poverty and attainment in UK children
- What Timo would like to see changed in UK education
- Why does poverty link to Ofsted outcomes and attainment?
- Explain what work-life balance means in his life
- Top tips for computer science teachers
- Timo’s best-snorkelling memories and discover his Wikipedia page!
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!