Why can quitting teaching make you want to be a teacher even more?
Our 38th interview on the Teacher Toolkit podcast is with Andy Milne, a Brit living and teaching overseas. Andy has been teaching for 23 years and currently teaches Health and P.E in a North West suburb of Chicago.
In this episode you can hear Andy and Teacher Toolkit Editor, Holly Gardner:
- talk about the influence Vic Goddard had on his early career
- discuss why he gave up teaching – and why he went back again
- share the tips he would give teachers who are considering leaving teaching
- explain why teachers understanding their students’ aspirations is so important
- discuss the differences between teaching in the UK vs America
- describe what education without standardised testing looks like
- express the importance of community being reflected in schools
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!
You can find out more about Andy Milne on Twitter and read his blog #slowhealthchat. Find out about his project Send A Teacher here and be sure not to miss the post he wrote for Teacher Toolkit called 5 Things I Learnt From Quitting Teaching.