What is best practice, and is teaching the best job in the world?
Our 23rd guest is Vic Goddard, the head teacher of Passmores Academy in Harlow, Essex. Vic has been a head teacher for 9 years.
In this episode, you can hear Vic and Ross McGill:
- reminisce about Vic’s school days and highlight the best qualities of his teachers
- explain why the accountability structure within education needs to change
- talk about the best ways teachers and schools can reduce workload
- tell us what Vic’s reading at the moment
- talk about new practices Vic is trialing with his staff.