What is it like to be a television presenter?
Whilst I was at the BETT show, I had the opportunity to interview Helen Skelton who had been chairing a session on blended learning environments. Helen is a tv presenter, well known for presenting Blue Peter and fronting the London 2012 Olympics.
In this episode you can hear Helen and host Holly Gardner talk about:
- what a ‘regular’ working day is like for a television presenter
- where Helen went to school and how she balanced working and doing a degree
- how Helen got into tv broadcasting
- why Helen is surrounded by teachers
- advice for girls looking to get into tv presenting
- why the normal 9-5 job is not the only option anymore
- what the centenary of women getting the vote represents
- which 3 women, dead or alive, to invite to a dinner party & what they’d eat!
“We have six full-time members of staff who deal with letters from children so just seeing that much interaction with kids is really rewarding.”