How do you encourage girls into STEM education?
My first interview for 100 Years, 100 Women is with Priya Lakhani, OBE. Priya is CEO and Founder of Century Tech. I caught up with Priya at the BETT show just before she took to the arena stage to talk about finding the time to love teaching.
In this episode you can hear Priya and host Holly Gardner talk about:
- technology that learns how your brain learns
- how teaching & Priya’s entrepreneurial drive inspired her to set to work to improve education in the UK
- how wrong the ‘image’ of teachers in the UK is
- why she founded her own edtech company
- that we must encourage girls into STEM education
- how we can help girls to take risks and be entrepreneurs
- which 3 women, dead or alive, to invite to a dinner party
“We teach girls at a very young age not to take risks; failing is part of my day job – we must encourage girls to take risks!”
You can follow Priya on Twitter and find all the 100 Years, 100 Women interviews on social media using #TTkit100women.