What does current research say about effective professional learning?
On Friday 3rd November 2017, Tom Sherrington and I will be leading ‘#JustGreatTeaching‘: a thought-provoking and practical training day for teachers and school leaders.
Some of the issues to be tackled on the day include:
- How to plan lessons that build on good practice?
- Ideas for differentiation, stretch and challenge.
- Strategies for effective feedback to help reduce workload.
We will explore the most up-to-date ideas from research and practice to re-boot your thinking so you can return to school, equipped with strategies to use immediately in your own classroom. We will also give you the tools to deliver the training yourself to share with your own colleagues.
What do teachers say?
Two teachers said:
- “An excellent day that focused fully on ‘just great teaching’, useful and interesting, delivered by two very experienced and professional school leaders.
- “Instant strategies to take away, loaded with deep pedagogy and quick fix solutions to make my life easy! The GROW model should be used as a strategy in all teacher training. Superb. I had so many goodies to take back with me, like a sweetie shop for teachers! Thank you.”
Two headteachers said:
- “Thought provoking, practical with effective strategies to impact on confidence and performance of staff in school.”
- “Most effective CPD I have attended in a while. I found the use of current educational research to plan for effective learning very useful.”
To make the training day as useful as possible, we suggest that you focus on a particular unit of work and, if possible, a particular group of students. It may help you to bring some information about the scheme of work you are using and information about the students to support your action planning. For example, class data.
Click to expand
Get in touch if you’d like more details; would like to sponsor the event or offer a future venue.