Do you make enough time for your own development?
Our weekly digest of popular blogs from the week is back – and it’s grown!
CPD Picks Of The Week brings together blogs, resources and education news so you can top up your CPD in the staffroom, on the bus or in the bath!
Top 5 blogs of the week
- The 5 Minute Lesson Plan – An old favourite and planning must have.
- *NEW* How To Support Weak Teachers – How do you support teachers who are underperforming?
- *NEW* The 7 Deadly Sins of Parenting – What advice would you offer parents?
- 25 Ideas for No Pens Wednesday – How do you champion oracy in your school?
- 10 ‘Teach To The Top’ Differentiation Ideas – How do you plan for differentiation in lessons? And how can you cater for every student?
Resource of the week
The Resilience Assembly inspires students to be emotionally, physically and mentally resilient. In the assembly, students explore the meaning of resilience. They are offered definitions, school expectations and strategies for them to be able to self-regulate their own stress and adversity.
CPD Spotlight: New Teachers
Have lots of new teachers started teaching in your school this year? Have you just finished your first month in teaching? Here at Teacher Toolkit we are keen to support teachers at all stages of their careers and we’ve published a range of content for new teachers over the last month. Just in case you missed it, I’ve collated the links below:
- 10 Things NQTs Need To Discover
- 10 Tips For New Teachers
- 5 Mistakes New Teachers Make
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Being An NQT
- NQT Mentoring: How To Build A Successful Relationship
From else where
- BBC Education published an article this week on School open days and what you should be looking for as a parent.
- GL assessment published their Lost Middle report, warning how the term ‘average’ can obscure student problems and potential.
- The Guardian reported that Teacher shortages could lead to a pay rise above the 1% cap.
- UKEdChat answer the question: What is STEM education?
Make time for your CPD today! Let us know what else you’d find useful in this weekly round up in a comment below and we’ll try to include it next week!