Research Interventions Template
A two-page PDF which offers a framework for teachers to get started with research in the classroom.
This supporting blog offers more details on how to use the template.
With the rise of research influencing education, we need to also raise the profile of action research in the classroom. The challenge for all teachers is how to do this in the busy nature of school life. This template offers two models which can be used in the following ways: a) for day to day classroom practice and b) developing as a school culture for teacher appraisal, where teachers set their own targets – a process alien to some schools, which I am pleased to report, is slowly evolving in schools. The 5 Minute Research Plan offers a framework.
Here are a set of simple questions to consider:
- Who? Which student names crop up time and time again? Which students are rewarded the most? Which have few rewards and no behaviour incidents and are generally off the radar? Find a method for identifying a group of students.
- What? Search for proven programmes to improve, for example, behaviour from nearby schools or organisations that can support particular groups of students.
- When and where? On which day and at what time should this intervention occur, and in which space?
- How? Which intervention and adult is best suited to the child?
- What next? What impact has the intervention had and what progress has been made?
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.