How can schools as an employer become more confident employing teachers with disability?
Our 120th interview is with, Katja, a secondary school and Modern Foreign Languages teacher specialising in French and German.
Listen to the podcast (45 minutes)
This podcast contains conversations about self-harm, suicide, paranoia and other similar themes.
In this podcast, listen to Katja and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Borderline Personality Disorder and the associated symptoms
- Navigating the professional world and different careers
- Katja’s experiences of teaching during the pandemic
- Support for teachers with BPD – What are the signs?
- Treatments and the statistics for BPD
- The challenges of being an MFL teacher in general, and with BPD and,
- New focuses for MFL.
Katja has set up a petition for all schools to become Disability Confident employers, to ensure teachers with BPD have equal opportunities during recruitment and as employee
Your employer can also support teachers by signing up to be Disability Confident.