How can teachers innovate and do things differently?
Our 115th interview is with, Rachel Higginson, teaching for over 20 years as a primary school teacher and senior leader. Today Rachel works as a Creative Education Consultant, focusing on school improvement and curriculum development.
Listen to the podcast (26 minutes)
In this podcast, listen to Rachel and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Routes through university and into teaching
- The Finding My Voice project
- Rachel’s focus on meeting new people during the pandemic
- The challenges of being self-employed
- The responsibilities and challenges of education today
- The one change Rachel wants to see in education
- Disruptive innovation, and
- Advice for teachers that want to go freelance.
School leaders are so used to working at such a high pace. Taking time out to look, listen and feel; stepping back is so powerful.