How can physical learning impact thousands and thousands of pupils?
Our 113th interview is with, Jon Smedley, founder of Teach Active, an online resource tool providing teachers with lesson plans to teach primary school students English, maths, and science through physical activity.
Listen to the podcast (29 minutes)
Remember, the podcast is available on iTunes!
In this podcast, listen to Jon and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Reflect back on sports role in Jon’s school life
- Getting good grades in your teacher training vs. the ability to inspire students
- The rewards of working in underprivileged areas
- How Jon began using physical activity as a way to teach other subjects
- Teach Active’s journey from its beginning to benefiting 300,000 students a week
- Overcoming the misconceptions of using physical activity as a teaching agent
- The importance of making homework an enjoyable and sociable activity
- Research that highlights the benefit of learning through physical activity
- Working on the parliamentary review with Teach Active, and
- Jon’s top tips for running a business.
Learning doesn’t just happen sitting down. Teach Active curriculum plans will improve standards; over 1,000 primary schools already benefit from helping their pupils to learn English and maths through physical learning.
Why not rebuild your primary curriculum with Teach Active? Get in touch with Jon!
Watch the vlog?
This is a promotional post.