How can all schools improve their uniform policies to be more inclusive?
Our 108th interview is in celebration of World Afro Day, with Tashara Parker – ABC Dallas news anchor, Yolanda Brown – award-winning saxophonist and French ballerina, Tais Vinolo.
In this podcast, listen to Tashara, Yolanda and Tais and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- What World Afro Day means to each guest, and how it can be used to fuel change
- Personal stories of how Tashara, Yolanda, and Tais felt about their hair when they were younger
- Representation of textured hair in the workplace and what has been socially acceptable
- What hair inclusion does and doesn’t look like within schools
- Practical tips for teachers to embrace the Big Hair Assembly and hair difference and,
- The importance for all teachers to educate themselves on their student’s hair experiences.
Listen to the podcast (57 minutes)
Remember, the podcast is available on iTunes!
Schools must debunk myths and stereotypes about hairstyles and ensure their uniform policies do not discriminate against pupils.