How can we support our teaching profession?
Our 104th interview is with Sinéad Mc Brearty, CEO of Education Support – the only UK charity that supports the wellbeing and mental health of education staff.
Education Support published the 2020 Teacher Wellbeing Index in November. Amongst their findings, they found a sharp increase in symptoms of poor mental health and stress levels, as well as working hours undertaken by education staff. As a result, 52% of education professionals have considered leaving the sector in the last 2 years due to pressures on their mental health and wellbeing.
In this podcast, listen to Sinéad and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- What a typical workday consists of as CEO
- Sinéad’s ambitions at 16 years old and her career progression
- Why she wants to see accountability culture change in education
- Anxiety, stress, and mental health challenges rising education (Teacher Wellbeing Index)
- The importance of feeling appreciated
- Why more than half of education staff are thinking about leaving the profession, and
- The clear message a ‘no pay rise’ sends to all teachers!
Listen to the podcast (46 minutes)
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!