How we can teach our young people about stereotypes?
Image credit: James Rudland
Our 98th podcast is with Mehreen Baig, a former teacher, blogger, television and radio presenter, currently hosting the podcast series, The Secret Life of Teachers.
In this podcast, listen to Mehreen and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- How Mehreen went from wanting to be a doctor to becoming a teacher
- Why Mehreen chose to teach at a school near her community
- The role teachers have had to play in tackling knife crime
- The pressure on women getting married
- How Mehreen found her voice and started writing
- The unfair standards society holds women to and breaking stereotypes
- Mehreen’s television career, her appearance on ‘Muslims Like Us’ and her BAFTA-winning speech
- Talks about writing a book and,
- Top tips for freelancers – especially during COVID.
Listen to the podcast (35 minutes)
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!