What can Western education learn from the East, and vice versa?
Our 71st interview is with Jennifer Chang-Wathall, a teacher of 27 years, a part-time lecturer at the University of Hong Kong and educational consultant – specialising in concept-based curriculums and instruction.
In this podcast, listen to Jennifer and Teacher Toolkit founder, Ross McGill discuss:
- Jennifer’s educational background
- The early days of Jennifer’s teaching career
- Today, what a typical day looks like for Jennifer on the road
- What makes a great maths teacher
- How education in the classroom has changed as a result of edtech
- Jennifer’s PhD in educational technology
- We ask what workload issues Jennifer discovers on her travels to schools around the world
- What one thing Jennifer would like to see changed in education
- The projects Jennifer is working on today
- Her advice for teachers that want to begin research and,
- Top tips for writing a book.
Listen to the podcast (29 minutes)
Remember, our podcast is available on iTunes!
You can find out more about Jennifer on her website: jenniferchangwathall.com