What do head teachers learn from putting themselves in their teachers’ shoes?
Our third guest is Jamie Barry, head teacher of Parson Street Primary School in Bristol, England. We catch up with Jamie at his school before delivering some teacher training.
In this episode, you can hear Jamie and podcast host, Ross Morrison McGill:
- share the one thing he’d change in the English educational system
- offer advice to teachers planning to step up to become head teachers
- explain why Jamie thinks head teachers shouldn’t just do as they are told
- share what his team at Parson Street are doing to raise standards
- reveal his number 1 workload tip for primary teachers
- name which book he’s been reading to help improve pupil behaviour
- suggest a key Member of Parliament for us to interview next*
*This episode was recorded before the cabinet reshuffle in the English parliament on 8th January 2018