What makes a great teacher?
Our first guest for the Teacher Toolkit podcast is @, MP for Fareham and former Chair of Governors, , a free school in Wembley Park, London. The school was founded by headteacher Katharine Birbalsingh and opened in September 2014. Community School
In this episode, you can hear Suella and podcast host, Ross Morrison McGill:
- reminisce about her time at school and what makes a great teacher
- share the one thing she would like to see a change in education
- what she has learned about setting up a new school and the books she is currently reading
- offer a workload suggestion for schools and teachers
- share the current projects she is working on, particularly in parliament regarding Brexit, as well as some personal news
- and who Seulla recommends we interview next.
You can find out more about Suella and her work on her website: www.suellafernandes.co.uk and read her official government work on Hansard and They Work For You. You can also follow her on Twitter and Facebook.
We are delighted to offer a new feature on the TT website for 2018 – the Teacher Toolkit podcast.