How can your school and pupils benefit from curriculum-based film?
There are almost 8,000 IntoFilm Clubs in UK schools, over 800 resources with 100,000 curriculum-based downloads to help bring a learning programme of film into the classroom.
Throughout my career in education, I was only fortunate enough to work in two schools which promoted a film club for its pupils. When structured, the benefits can be enormous, especially for vulnerable students who may have never had the opportunity to experience high-quality content at home, the theatre or at the local cinema.
Fast-forward to 2021 amidst a global pandemic, the vast majority of young people now access education resources through an Internet connection; there is an abundance of educational resources available to schools.
But, where do you start?
Free* and trustworthy materials
Research by TeacherTapp suggested that teachers are using some commercial streaming platforms to show films in school situations not permitted by terms and conditions. Well, the first thing I would advocate is to go to a platform that you can trust.
Into Film+ is the first free* streaming platform dedicated to film and designed specifically for all school uses; enabling teachers to stream films safely and legally. A resource which offers sequenced-curriculum materials which are free, providing teachers with training to ensure resources are delivered well, engaging and that lead to successful outcomes in the classroom.
Into Film+ is the UK’s first free* streaming platform dedicated to film and designed specifically for all school settings, created in partnership with Filmbankmedia.
3 reasons for your school to join IntoFilm+
Into Film+ provides pupils aged 5-19 with:
- 150+ expertly curated and curriculum-linked titles available to stream instantly.
- Paired and packaged with a wide range of exclusive resources for teachers of all age groups and subject areas.
- Bonus educational content, including exclusive director introductions, cast and crew interviews, and behind-the-scenes footage.
Into Film+ is the perfect way to bring learning to life, allowing teachers and educators to achieve a wide range of effective learning outcomes through their use of film. Although there is no cost to access Into Film+, a PVS licence is required to screen Filmbankmedia films for entertainment or extra-curricular purposes.
Get started and create an account!
IntoFilm+ is perfect for sharing free*, short and feature films in UK state schools – both in the classroom and in other school settings.
Wet play and library sessions in your school will never be so popular!
- *Screenings of Filmbankmedia’s films for an entertainment or extra-curricular purpose require a Public Video Screening Licence (PVSL) from Filmbankmedia. State-funded schools in England are covered by the PVSL.
- Teacher Tapp survey, 7000 teachers – July 2020
This is a promotion