What will you do to help build a connected and coherent future for our children?
‘Educators are, like it or not, some of the most important people in changing the future. It has to be our aim to help to bring the best of our society together: the people and the organisations that best exemplify and champion the role of active citizenship, of values and of purpose, people and organisations who believe and evidence that we, you and I, can change the world for the better.’ ~ Richard Gerver
An empowering vision …
Renowned educationalist, speaker and author Richard Gerver offers an empowering vision for how education, both in the UK and internationally, can be transformed and made fit for purpose in the 21st century and beyond.
Richard believes educators, parents and employers must work together to secure the best future possible for our children, preparing them for a world of constant change and uncertainty.
Written in the context of Brexit in the UK and the political upheaval currently facing many other countries, Richard sets out an optimistic vision for an education system that:
- Helps the next generation to be healthy, skilled, aware, hopeful and of value
- Focuses on the future, not the past
- Offers new models of learning relevant to modern life
- Gives young people the very best opportunities to dream, aspire and achieve
- Is based on collaboration
- Fights against division, discord and hatred
- Promotes strength, unity and courage
- Innovates to find the best possible ways forward
- Teaches both knowledge and skills
- Deals with behaviour objectively, proactively and respectfully
- Provides young people with a complete sense of belonging, safety and sanctuary
- Will be led with courage, passion, creativity and empathy
- Leaves a legacy.
A new way forward …
Education: A Manifesto for Change is a call to arms to inspire all those with a stake in educating our young people to consider a new way forward that will build a more connected and coherent future for today’s children – tomorrow’s adults. Richard shares his experiences of working with global businesses and talking education with Barack Obama, Steve Wozniak, senior managers at Google, and elite sports coaches working with Great Britain’s Olympic and Paralympic teams and the English Premier League.
What have people said?
“In this powerful book, Gerver calls for a collaborative vision for education that will prepare society to ‘thrive in uncertainty’. He shares sharp insight achieved through school leadership uniquely combined with global experience of working with eminent leaders throughout industry.” Dame Alison Peacock, Chief Executive, Chartered College of Teaching.
Richard Gerver’s new ground-breaking book is a call to arms to inspire all those involved in education to consider new visions and values for the future of the school system and to secure the best future possible for our children.
This is a sponsored post.